“Hey, You Never Know” this is the catchy slogan for New York Lotto! New York Lotto was born in November 1966 with the aim to raise fund for various public and private services. According to survey of 2011-12 the New York Lotto reported a profit of $2.9 billion, all of which went to support education in New York State. Such a good cause is always appreciated but keep in mind that it is your own choice to play lotto.
New York Lotto- How to Play
- Playing New York Lotto is easy. Go to any New York Lottery retailer and pick up a playcard with 10 game panels. Each panel shows squares numbered 1 through 59
- Pick 6 numbers from 1 through 59
- Using a black pencil or a black or blue ballpoint pen (red ink will not be accepted), fill in your choice of any 6 of the 59 numbered squares in a game panel. Or save time by choosing Quick Pick and letting the computer randomly select numbers for you.
- The minimum wager amount to play is $1 for two (2) game panels. Or you can play up to $5 on the 10-playcard.
- Turn in your playcard to the retailer, and you’ll receive a separate ticket for each playcard processed.
New York Lotto Draw
New York Lotto is drawn twice a week on Wednesday and Saturday evening at approximately 23.21 ET in Schenectady. They are available to view on various television stations across New York. However, if you reside out of State or you missed the televised drawing.
You can try your luck seven days a week, 4:00 a.m. until terminals close at 3:30 a.m. or 11:00 p.m. on draw nights when the game closes. To avoid last minute lines, play early.
You can also watch live TV drawings on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:21 p.m. You can find your nearest TV station in your area .
Who can Play New York Lotto
Anyone of the age of 18 and plus can play New York Lotto. You can purchase the lotto ticket from an authorized retailer based in New York or from online with authentic lottery ticket sales agencies like Lotter you are able to select your New York Lottery numbers online and purchase your New York Lotto tickets with no worries at all about where in the world you may be living.
New York Lotto Prizes
The minimum jackpot available on the New York Lotto is $3 million, and if it is not won the jackpot will rollover to the next draw, at a rate of $300,000 per draw. This can often lead to jackpots in the tens of millions, with the largest jackpot ever won on the New York Lotto $65 million.
Odds of Winning
Players are required to match six numbers from a possible 1 – 59 in order to win the jackpot, although there are a further four New York Lotto Prize tiers available. A breakdown of the odds and prizes for each tier can be found below:
By matching three numbers, players will receive $1.00, the equivalent to one free game. The other tiers are pari-mutuel, meaning they are made up of a percentage of the prize pool. Unlike most lotteries, not only the Match 6 tier but also the Match 5 and Bonus prize tier can rollover, so if there is no winner in either top two tiers, both those prizes can roll over until they are won.
Claim The Prizes
- If you have won the New York Lotto first check your ticket(s) to verify the numbers and the date printed are correct. Remember Lotto tickets cannot be cancelled.
- As a New York Lotto jackpot winner, you would have a choice in how you wish to receive your winnings. You could choose to have either a single cash lump sum payment or an annuity prize.
- You will need to make the choice as to whether you wish to receive the cash lump sum option or the annuity installment payments option within 60 days of making your winning claim.
- You will need to mark on the NY Lottery playcard whether you would like to receive your winnings as either a cash lump sum or in annuity payments.
- If you choose to receive the jackpot as an annuity, it would be paid to you in yearly instalments over a 26 year period.
- The annuity option with the New York Lotto itself differs from many other U.S.A. lotteries in that the payments are not equal each year but are graduated. Every year the payment is slightly higher than the previous year.
- In terms of value, if you chose to take the cash lump sum payment as an NY Lottery jackpot winner, you would receive approximately 50% of the annuity value that you would be paid in instalments.
- If you play lottery online however, whatever your win, this will not be a concern for you, as your accredited lottery ticket sales agency will take care of all this for you.
Hey You Never know New York Lotto can make you a Millionaire!