SuperLotto Plus is a California-only game played in the style of Mega Millions. SuperLotto Plus is drawn every Wednesday and Saturday. The game began in 1986 as California Super Lotto. In 2000, the name was changed to SuperLotto Plus. Its starting jackpot is $7 million (annuitized); a cash option is available for jackpot winners.
Players need to choose five numbers from a possible 47, as well as one number from a possible 27 (the Mega number). The number selection process, since the name change and selection criteria, has been 5/47 (regular numbered balls) and 1/27 (Mega numbered ball).
In order to secure a full jackpot win, the game’s competitors need to match all six numbers correctly as per the draw. This Californian lottery game has a total of nine prize tiers, and boasts overall odds of winning one of the prize tiers at 1 in 23. The odds of winning the actual jackpot, are 1 in 175,223,510.
The California SuperLotto Plus game boasts a starting jackpot of $7,000,000, with the biggest prize ever paid out weighing in at an impressive $193,000,000. This jackpot was scooped up by three lucky winning ticket holders in February 2002. Other noteworthy jackpot wins thanks to the SuperLotto Plus, has been $72 million paid out in 2007 and $56 million paid out in 2005.
As with all the other American lottery games on offer, the SuperLotto Plus lottery jackpot can be paid out either as a once-off lump sum (which would be an estimated 50%-60% of the jackpot value), or as an annuity option – paid out in 30 annual payments. While the lump sum payment is generally preferred, the annuity pay out is graduated.
SuperLotto Plus draws are held bi-weekly; every Wednesday and Saturday at 19h57 Pacific Time.
How to Play Super Lotto Plus?
- Find a SuperLotto Plus retailer close to home, work or your favorite coffee shop. With more than 20,000 California Lottery retail locations, a place to play is never too far away.
- Pick five lucky numbers from 1 to 47 and one MEGA number from 1 to 27 on a SuperLotto Plus playslip.
- Or, play randomly generated numbers with Quick Pick
- One playslip can hold up to five plays using your lucky numbers and you may play as many playslips as you like.
- To play the same numbers for consecutive draws, just mark Advance Play
- Use Quick Pick for a fast play. You can select Quick Pick for your first five numbers, the one MEGA number or all six numbers and the computer will randomly generate numbers for you.
- With Quick Pick you can purchase up to ten plays on a single playslip.
- Advance Play allows you to play multiple draws with one purchase.
- You can play 2 to 8, 16, or 20 consecutive draws on one playslip by marking the Advance Play box.
- Make sure to mark your numbers with either blue or black ink. And if you make a mistake, don’t erase. Just mark the VOID box.
Where to Buy Super Lotto Plus Tickets?
Give your playslip to the store retailer along with $1 for each play to receive a SuperLotto Plus ticket, which is your receipt.
Your ticket displays your numbers for each play, the draw date and dollar amount paid.
Always check the accuracy of your numbers and sign the back of your ticket.
A SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance code will also be printed on your ticket. For every $1 spent on the SuperLotto Plus ticket, you will receive one entry into the weekly SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance draw. For example, if you play $5 on a single SuperLotto Plus ticket, your 2nd Chance code is good for 5 (five) entries into the 2nd Chance draw.
Other Ways to Have Your Lottery Ticket
Scratchers Vending Machines
- Buying your favorite Scratchers games is fast and easy.
- Insert $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills. This machine does not give change, so insert the exact amount you would like to play.
- Select the game or games you’d like to play and push the ticket window. To use all of your credits to play one game, first press the ONE SHOT button then the ticket window for the game you want.
- Playing Scratchers is easy and winning is fun.
Self-Service Ticket Machines
- Play your favorite Lottery Draw Games and check tickets for winners with the touch of a finger.
- Pick the Lottery draw game you’d like to play.
- Insert $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills. This machine does not give change so insert the exact amount you would like to play.
- Play by entering your lucky numbers or selecting Quick Pick®. You can also select to play multiple sets of numbers for the current draw or Advanced Play® for future draws. When you’re finished, you’ll receive your ticket. Always remember to sign the back of it.
- Check to see if you’re a winner by scanning your ticket below the orange arrow on the front of the self-service ticket machine. Results will be displayed on the monitor.
- Buy both Scratchers games and draw game tickets quickly and easily with Game Point vending machines.
- On the touch screen pick the Lottery Draw Game you’d like to play.
- Insert $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills. This machine does not give change so insert the exact amount you would like to play.
- On the touch screen play by entering your lucky numbers or selecting Quick Pick. You can also select to play multiple sets of numbers for the current draw or Advanced Play for future draws. When you’re finished, you’ll receive your ticket. Always remember to sign the back of it.
- To buy Scratchers tickets after playing a Draw Game just press the Scratchers button on the screen and follow the instructions.
- Check to see if you’re a winner by scanning your ticket right at the Game Point machine. Results will be displayed on the monitor.
Play at the Pump
- Play Powerball, Mega Millions and SuperLotto Plus when you fill up at participating gas stations in Sacramento and Los Angeles counties. It’s quick and easy, just follow these steps:
- Before making a fuel purchase, players swipe their credit/debit card at the pump. Players must use a bank credit or debit card.
- Choose the game you want to play (SuperLotto Plus, Powerball or Mega Millions) and how many Quick Picks you want. Players can purchase 5, 10 or 20 Quick Picks when playing SuperLotto Plus or Mega Millions, and 3, 5 for 10 Quick Picks for Powerball. A $1 transaction fee will be added to each purchase (this is a flat fee and not based on the number of plays purchased).
- Players must verify that they are at least 18 years of age by using a drivers license or state issued ID. Players will get a receipt from the pump with their Quick Pick numbers on it. Players have the option of receiving a text message with a link to their numbers and the details of their purchase.
Check Your Winning Number
- To see if you’ve won, find winning numbers on the California State Lottery website. Or, scan the barcode on your ticket at a Lottery retailer.
- SuperLotto Plus draws occur every Wednesday and Saturday right after draw entry closes at 7:45 p.m. PT.
- Also, always submit your SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance code before redeeming a winning ticket.
SuperLotto Plus Odds
Win a prize by just matching the Mega number, or hit it big by matching all 5 numbers, plus the Mega number.
|Matching Numbers||Odds 1 in|
|All 5 of 5 and Mega||41,416,353|
|All 5 of 5||1,592,937|
|Any 4 of 5 and Mega||197,221|
|Any 4 of 5||7,585|
|Any 3 of 5 and Mega||4,810|
|Any 3 of 5||185|
|Any 2 of 5 and Mega||361|
|Any 1 of 5 and Mega||74|
|None of 5, only Mega||49|
|Overall odds of winning||23|
With two draws every week and nine ways to win, SuperLotto Plus offers big jackpots right in your backyard. The overall odds of winning any prize in SuperLotto Plus is about 1 in 23 and the odds of winning the jackpot is about 1 in 42 million.
SUPERLOTTO PLUS 2ND CHANCE
Every SuperLotto Plus play comes with a 2nd Chance to win!
California’s game now gives you more chances to win every week! When you play SuperLotto Plus, you get a code good for entries into a weekly SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance drawing for five $15,000 prizes!
- Sign in or create a Lottery account in California State Lottery Website to submit all of your SuperLotto Plus codes into the weekly SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance draw.
- All registered 2nd Chance players who purchase $1 or more in a single SuperLotto Plus transaction will receive a code good for one entry into the drawing for every $1 spent and can submit codes at Super Lotto Plus 2nd Chance.
- Players must login to their existing 2nd Chance account or create an account at CA Lottery in order to submit a code.
- Drawing participants may not enter more than 500 codes for all 2nd Chance drawings per calendar month based on the Lottery’s Submission Limitation Policy.
- SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance Drawings will take place weekly in accordance with Lottery Regulations and procedures.
- Five alternate winners will be chosen per drawing in the event a selected entry is ineligible or invalid.
- Entries are eligible for only one SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance drawing. A SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance code is valid for 180 days from the date of purchase.
- Entry deadlines and details will be posted on the Lottery website.
- The Lottery will randomly select winners from the eligible internet entries received for each weekly SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance Drawing.
- SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance winners’ names from each drawing will be posted on the Lottery website.
- Using the contact information provided to the Lottery by the player at registration, the Lottery will notify each winner by e-mail to login into their account for “important information.”
- Persons who register with fictitious names will be ineligible to win any prize.
- Upon login to the Lottery’s website, the winner will be notified of the winning prize. Winners must submit a Winner Claim Form in accordance with Lottery Regulations and procedures. Players may not win more than one prize in each drawing.
- Participants must be 18-years of age or older. In addition, participants must meet eligibility requirements at the time of the program drawing.
- When registering, participants must provide a valid California address and enter submissions from a location within California to be eligible for SuperLotto Plus 2nd Chance drawings.
- The odds of winning any prize vary based on the total number of entries that are received and the total number of entries each player submits. Players may not win more than one prize in each drawing.
Claiming prizes for Super Lotto Plus Lottery
- For each prize of less than $600, players may collect from either a Lottery retailer or the Lottery itself. Prizes of $600 or more must be collected from the Lottery, via claim form.
- At the Lottery Website just find your game and click the “+” next to the type of prize you won.
- It can take up to 6 to 8 weeks to process a claim
once received by the Lottery.
- Visit one of the Lottery’s Local District Offices to drop off your claim form.
- If you prefer to send your claim by mail, please mail the completed claim form to the following address:California Lottery, 730 North 10th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
- If you picked up a claim form from a Lottery Retailer, it may show old address. When mailing in a claim form, make sure you are sending it to the address above.
Almost all prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the draw or the announced end of the game. If the 180th day is a weekend or holiday, the final claim date is extended to the next business day. Any unclaimed prize money is transferred to the education fund in addition to the minimum 34% that the Lottery is already obligated to transfer from income.
California does not tax California Lottery winnings, however it taxes lottery winnings from other jurisdictions. For SuperLotto Plus and Mega Millions jackpots, the player may choose a single cash payout for a floating percentage of the jackpot, or an annuity. The SuperLotto Plus, Mega Millions, and Powerball payment schedule are on a graduated basis over 30 annual payments. Until 2005, when California joined Mega Millions, the payment choice on SuperLotto Plus had to be made when the ticket was bought. Since then, there is a 60-day window after winning, in which the choice of cash or annuity is to be made.
Q1. How much is the Super Lotto Plus jackpot?
Each jackpot starts at $7 million. If there are no winners, it gets even bigger. If there’s more than one Grand Prize winner, the jackpot is divided equally among the winners.
Q2. When are Super Lotto Plus draws held?
Draws take place Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7:57 p.m., after the draw entry closes at 7:45 p.m. No sales or ticket validations can take place from 7:45 p.m. to 7:50 p.m., which is when a draw break separates sales during draw periods.
Tickets sold after 7:50 p.m. are ineligible for that night’s draw, but are eligible for the following draw.
Q3. Is there an Advance Play option for Super Lotto Plus?
Yes. Advance Play, which lets you to play multiple draws with 1 purchase, is available for up 2 to 8, 16 or 20 consecutive draws on the SuperLotto Plus playslip and Lottery self-service terminals.
Q4. How can I find out if I’ve won a draw game?
- Use any of these ways to see if you’re a draw game winner:
- Look on the Lottery website for winning numbers and prize amounts
- Download the Lottery mobile app to see winning numbers
- Scan tickets using Check-A-Ticket on the mobile app
- Use the Check-A-Ticket machine at a Lottery retail location
Q5. How long do I have to claim my Super Lotto Plus prize?
You have 180 days from the date of the draw to claim your prize.