The word ‘Lucky’ is so wonderful to hear. When someone says ‘You are so lucky’ we at once have a smile in our face and we really feel Oh Wow I am lucky! And if your luck shines in a lottery game then? Whoa…then the world is yours isn’t it! Lucky for life the lottery game of USA really makes you lucky! Let us see. Lucky for life lottery began in Connecticut in the year 2009. At present this lottery which became a six-state regional game three years later, became a “quasi-national” game on January 27, 2015.
The Game of Lifetime as it is called has its draws in Connecticut on Monday and Thursday using two drawing machines and numbered balls. Each lucky for life play costs $2. This lottery game now is played in 16 states with North Dakota joining in January 2016.
Lucky for Life in USA
Played in 16 States
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
How to play Lucky for Life
Lucky for Life tickets or payslip are sold behind the counter in gas stations, grocery stores, corner markets everywhere you are. Sixteen different lotteries sell tickets for this game check your nearest and buy one.
- Fill out a lucky for life bet slip by choosing five (5) numbers out of a field of forty-eight (48). Then choose one Lucky Ball number from a field of eighteen (18). You may choose to play the same numbers for more than one drawing. Select the number of drawings in which you wish to play this number. You may play up to three (3) bets on a bet slip.
- You can also use Quick Pick (“QP”) to allow the Draw Games terminal to choose your numbers randomly.
- Play the same numbers for up to 15 consecutive drawings by selecting “MULTI DRAW.”
- Give the completed bet slip to an on-line Lottery Sales Agent.
- The Sales Agent will give you a separate ticket as your receipt.
- Be sure to check your ticket that it represents the numbers and drawing that you wanted to play as it is your proof of playing these numbers. It is better for your own protection that you sign the back of your ticket to identify ownership.
- It only costs $2 to play this lottery game, and you can play multiple times on a single ticket!
Lucky For Life Prizes
Lucky for Life comes with an enormous top prize of $1,000 a day for life; a fantastic second prize of $25,000 a year for life; 10 ways to win; terrific chances of winning a prize at 1 in 7.8; and drawings held on Monday and Thursday nights.
Top Prize 5+1
Minimum top-prize payment period is 20 years. Top-prize winners may choose the Cash Option as an alternative to the Annuitized Payment Option, the amount of which will be set forth in a Published Notice. The top prize amount shown is based on one winning ticket. The top prize is pari-mutuel and may be less than shown.
- 1 top-prize winning ticket: $1,000 a day for life
- For 2-14 top-prize winning tickets: The prize value is split equally among all winning top-prize tickets. The minimum prize value for this winning category is $500 a week for life on each top-prize winning ticket
- For 15 or more top-prize winning tickets: A total of $7,125,000 will be split equally among all winning top-prize tickets and paid in one lump sum. The minimum prize value for this category shall not be less than any lower tier prize paid in that respective drawing.
Second Prize 5 + 0
Minimum second-prize payment period is 20 years. Second-prize winners may choose the Cash Option as an alternative to the Annuitized Payment Option, the amount of which will be set forth in a Published Notice. The second-prize amount shown is based on one to twenty winning tickets. The top prize is pari-mutuel and may be less than shown.
- 1-20 second-prize winning tickets: The annuitized prize level will be $25,000 a year for life
- For 21 or more second-prize winning tickets: A total of $9,400,000 will be split equally among all winning top-prize tickets and paid in one lump sum. The minimum prize value for this category shall not be less than any lower tier prize paid in that respective drawing.
Third Prizes 4 + 1
The $5,000 prize value is guaranteed to 1,000 winning tickets. If the number of winning tickets exceeds 1,000, the total prize liability of $5,000,000 is divided equally among the winning tickets. The minimum prize value for this category is $200.
- All prizes are rounded to the nearest dollar.
- Cash Options: The cash option for the top prize of $1,000 a day per life is $5,750,000 (divided by the number of winners). The cash option for the second-tier prize of $25,000 a year for life is $390,000.
Draw of Lucky for Life
- As stated above drawings are held Monday and Thursday at 9:38 p.m.
- No Ticket Sales takes on Monday and Thursday between 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Lucky for Life Odd of the Game
The overall odds are 1 in 7.8, based on a $2.00 wager
Claim Your Prizes
- You have 180 days to claim your prize. Lottery is not liable for any lost, stolen or damaged tickets.
- Claims of $600 and Less: Lottery retailers may be able to redeem prizes up to $600 (depending the store’s cash balances for that day). You can also claim your prize in person at any of the Lottery’s offices.
- Claims of $600.01 and More: Prizes from $600.01 to $35,000 can be paid the same day of the claim at any Lottery office,
- It takes approximately two weeks to redeem prizes of more than $35,000. For any prize of $600.01 and above, you must submit an official state (where you played) Lottery winner claim form with your winning ticket.
- You can go in person with your photo ID to claim your prize. It is also your responsibility to complete IRS Form W-9 — Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. This form is required for any taxable winnings of $600.01 and above.
- You can also claim prize by mail. Your name, address, telephone number and signature must be on the back of the ticket.
- All Lottery winnings are subject to federal and state taxes.
- You can obtain an official Lottery Winner Claim Form from the Web site of the state lottery where you played.
- Winning tickets have to be redeemed in the same jurisdiction in which they were purchased.
So you want to be lucky too? Play Lucky for Life now and share your experience.