Gimme 5 is a Tri-State lottery. Tri-State Lottery refers to games offered specifically by the Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont lotteries. It was the first multi-jurisdictional lottery, with its initial drawing on September 14, 1985. Among the tri state lotteries you can play Megabucks Plus, Pick 3 and Pick 4, Fast Play and Gimme 5 lottery.
How to play Gimme 5 Lottery
- Gimme 5 lottery you can play at $1 for each draw. One play consists of a panel. (see the picture above)
- You may play from one to five panels using a play slip.
- You may purchase a ticket good for up to 30 draws (10 weeks) by selecting a draw number under the “draws” column.
- Total ticket cost will depend on the number of draws you play.
- You need to select five numbers from 1 to 39; to Easy Pick (EP), mark the “EP” box on the play slip and let the Lottery terminal randomly select your numbers for you.
- For filling your lucky number you need to use a pencil or black pen. If you make an error, do not erade. Instead, mark the Void box for that play.
- Check the play slip for accuracy and present to a Lottery Retailer for processing.
- You need to check the tickets for accuracy prior to leaving the retail location.
- Sign your ticket immediately to show ownership.
- Tri-State Gimme 5 tickets may be cancelled on the same day of purchase and before the drawing, only where purchased.
Purchase the lottery ticket and the draw
- You may purchase a Gimme 5 ticket from the retailer till 6:45 p.m. (ET) on the evening of the draw.
- With three drawings per week, and each play only $1, there are plenty of chances to play and win.
- The winning number results will be posted on Tri State Lottery and at all 1,250-plus retail locations shortly after the drawing. You may also find the results in your local newspaper, radio and TV stations.
Gimme 5 Lottery Odds
The overall odds of winning Gimme 5 lottery is 1:9
You win the highest prize shown above for the number of matches in a single play.
The jackpot is divided equally among all winning tickets. In very rare instances, the Lottery may not be able to pay the stated set prize levels. In that case, the prize pools will go pari-mutuel like the jackpot and the prize is divided as a pool among all of the winners.
Gimme 5 Prizes
When you play Gimme 5 lottery the prizes you can won are 2, $7, $250 and $100,000. The Gimme 5 prizes expire one year from draw date.
Prizes shall be determined and awarded per $1 bet on the following basis:
- Match 5 numbers to win a share of the $100,000;
- Match 4 numbers of the 5 numbers to win $250;
- Match 3 numbers of the 5 numbers to win $7;
- Match 2 numbers of the 5 numbers to win $2;
- Only the highest prize won per Tri-State Gimme 5 game play will be paid.
- Tri-State Gimme 5 top prize winners will receive their share of a $100,000 grand prize minus state and federal taxes.
- Also there are special prizes or bonuses as specified by the Commission to maintain public interest in the game.
- In the case of an unclaimed jackpot ticket(s), upon the expiration of 366 days after the drawing date in which the prize was won, the prize shall revert to the expired unclaimed prize pool.
Gimme 5 Lottery Ticket
When you purchase a Gimme 5 Lottery Ticket you should look for the logo or caption “Tri-State Gimme 5”; the drawing date(s); the total ticket price/number of draws; the applicable validation number that corresponds to the party Lottery’s computer data files; terminal-printed validation bar code; vendor security-issued number; ticket(s) stock sequential number; the player’s bet(s) each consisting of five (5) two digit numbers; Retailer number; Terminal number; Time stamp/purchase price; and Four text lines available for Lottery messages.
In the event that a ticket is invalid the player shall be entitled to a refund from the party Lottery equal to the price of the ticket.
It shall be the sole responsibility of the player to verify the accuracy of the game plays, amount wagered, and draw day(s). In the event of an error, the player’s sole remedy shall be the canceling of the ticket.
How to claim the lottery wins or prizes
- All prizes of $599 or less, or an amount required by an individual party state, may be paid directly by Lottery retail sales agents.
- The winner shall present his/her ticket to a Lottery agent, complete the back of the ticket, and show identification as required by individual states.
- The agent, after verifying that the ticket is a winning ticket and examining it for alteration, shall pay the winner directly or to his/her authorized representative.
- Prizes are validated in the state of which the ticket is purchased.
- Prizes of $600 or more, or an amount required by an individual party state, will be paid centrally by the party Lottery office or at a location authorized by the individual state’s director.
- A match 5 winning ticket holder shall visit a Tri-State Lottery agent or member state office and present the signed ticket with any required identification.
- The ticket holder shall complete and sign a claim form, and mail or submit it with the ticket, to the applicable state Lottery office.
- The Lottery office shall then attempt to validate the ticket. Upon validation, the ticket holder shall receive a copy of the claim form acknowledging receipt of the claim.
- In the winner claim form you need to fill your name, address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, your signature and date on which the form is signed.
- All prizes shall be claimed within 366 days after the drawing date in which the prize was won. Any prize not claimed within 366 days shall be forfeited.
- You must include the following items in your letter addressed to Attn: Claims, New Hampshire Lottery, 14 Integra Drive, Concord, NH 03301 when claiming by mail.
- Your filled claim or winner form should include a copy of photo proof of identification and a copy of an acceptable form of proof of Social Security Number
- Always mail your ticket via “Certified Mail,” which provides proof your ticket was mailed and proof your ticket was received.
- You can Download the form here and print. You must have Adobe Reader installed on your Computer
Also note that processing time for claiming the prize is approximately one week from the time your ticket is received. The lottery commission is required to report your winnings over $599 to the Internal Revenue Service using a W2-G document as there is a federal tax withholding of 25 % for any winnings over $5000. If you are a Non-residents of the United States you will have a 30% tax withholding for any winnings over $599.