The Badger 5 is a lottery game that forms a part of Wisconsin State lotteries. It is considered as one of the jackpot or higher payout game highest prize being $10, 000 as compared to the lotteries in other states of USA.
Wisconsin Lottery was started in 1988 and was then aired as a TV program known as the Money Game where people used to win cash prizes starting from $500. In 1989 the state Wisconsin lottery joined the Lotto America and in 1991 it started Supercash Lotto games soon followed by Pick 3 and Pick 4 and finally in 2003 Badger 5 was introduced as a lotto game that has become know one of the most popular games to play.
How to Play Badger 5
- To play Badger 5 you need to purchase Lotto ticket which comes at a cost of $1 per draw.
- You can purchase the ticket from your nearby retailer
- Then pick 5 different numbers from a pool of 1 to 31 numbers. There are two ways of picking these numbers. The first way is by using the Badger 5 playslip which is readily available at any lottery selling point. After the purchase, you manually select the 5 numbers you consider to be winning numbers.
- The second method of picking the numbers is the Quick Pick. This is a much easier and faster way where you allow computer software to generate numbers at random. This is completely a chance event.
- You should also consider the number of draws you want to play. You can play anything from 2 to 7 consecutive draws and all you need is to tick the boxes on the panel.
- For every box filled, you have to pay an extra one dollar.
- When you receive your ticket, ensure that it is valid and correctly reflects the games you have chosen and the number of draws you have indicated.
- Remember, you cannot claim a prize with an invalid ticket.
- Check playslip carefully. If a mistake is made, mark the VOID box. Tickets cannot be cancelled. Mark new selection using next column of panels.
- On the ticket, each panel’s five numbers are printed horizontally on one line, identified by the corresponding panel letter A-E.
- In order to protect your ticket lest someone picks it up and presents it for a prize, ensure you sign it.
- Purchasing of the tickets should be done by 9 p.m. if you are to be entered in the day’s draw. The drawings are held daily after 9 p.m.
Badger 5 Lotto Odds to Win
|5 OF 5||JACKPOT||1:169,911|
|4 OF 5||$50||1:1,308|
|3 OF 5||$2||1:53|
|2 OF 5||$1||1:7|
The Jackpot starts at $10,000 and increases by at least $1,000 until won. The prize money allocated to the Jackpot is equally divided by the number of plays correctly matching all 5 numbers. The Jackpot prize is paid in cash all at once. Odds are based upon 1 play for $1.
How to know that you have won Badger 5 Lotto
- After lotto winning numbers are drawn, they are relayed to retailer lotto terminals and retailers post them.
- Retailers post or make copies available to players. Instant ticket prizes can be verified at a Lottery retailer or a Lottery office.
- You can visit the state lottery website call them up at 1.608.261.4916 or at 24 Hour Player Hotline number 1.608.266.7777 Also you can check your state and local newspapers
- Or you can write to: Wisconsin Lottery, 2135 Rimrock Road, P.O. Box 8941, Madison,WI 53708-8941
- Enclosing a self-addressed stamped envelope, game name and month(s) for which a list of winning numbers is desired.
How to claim the winner rewards and prizes
- To claim the Lotto prize you need to visit your retailer or Lottery Office
- The Lotto ticket is the only valid receipt for prize claims.
- For prizes $600 and up, players are required to sign the winning lottery ticket, complete the prize claim form. Forms are available at Lottery retailers, Lottery offices, or Claim Form can be downloaded here
- As an ID proof you need to provide a drivers license or other picture I.D. Also provide bank information which may be required for some transactions and your Social Security number in order to facilitate payment of your prize.
- If there are multiple winners on a single ticket you need to get a court order for prize payment
- Winnings of any amount may be redeemed by mail
- Keep a copy of the claim form and a photo copy of the ticket for your records.
- Simply send the signed ticket and a completed claim form to the: Prize Payments Wisconsin Lottery Madison,WI 53774 In Person Prizes up to $599.
- Redeem at your local Lottery Retailer or Lottery Office.
- This amount is subject to each retailer’s practices for cashing.
- Prizes of $1 to $501,000 at Milwaukee validation Office 819 N. 6th Street Room 530 Milwaukee,WI 53203 Phone: 414.227.3882 from Monday–Friday 8 A.M.–4 P.M.(except state holidays)
- All Prize Levels $1 and up can be claimed at Madison Office 2135 Rimrock Road Department of Revenue Building Madison,WI 53713 Phone: 608.267.2839 between Monday–Friday 8 A.M.–4 P.M.(except state holidays)