There are many lotteries to enjoy in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Lottery (PA) was established on August 26, 1971. On March 7, 1972, the PA Lottery premiered with a 50-cent ticket featuring weekly drawings and a grand prize of $1 million. From Philadelphia to Erie and from Pittsburgh to Scranton, the PA Lottery supports programs all around Pennsylvania that benefit older Pennsylvanians.
Lottery games you can play in Pennsylvania
There are various PA Lottery games to play. Some of the popular ones are
- PICK 2: one of the PA Lottery games with great prizes and chances of winning! You can try to match the winning Lottery numbers twice a day by playing PICK 2 day and PICK 2 evening.
- PICK 3: You can try to match the winning Lottery numbers twice a day by playing PICK 3 day and PICK 3 evening
- PICK 4: PICK 4 is the daily PA Lottery game that pays 5000 to 1 on a straight play when you match the winning Lottery numbers in either the PICK 4 day or PICK 4 evening games.
- PICK 5: one of the PA Lottery games you can play every day, twice a day. It’s fun to try to match the winning Lottery numbers with both PICK 5 day and PICK 5 evening.
- Cash4Life: The Top Prize for Cash4Life is $1,000 A Day For Life. With a secondary prize of $1,000 A Week For Life, there is more than one way to have fun with Cash4Life!
- Cash 5: Cash 5 is the only PA Lottery game that offers you a chance to win a big jackpot every day and take all the cash at once! No annuities with Cash 5—if you match all of the Cash 5 winning Lottery numbers, you can take all the cash in one lump sum
- Match 6 Lotto: Match 6 Lotto is the PA Lottery game that gives you more ways to match winning Lottery numbers and a chance to win up to four Lottery prizes in each game!
- Mega Millions: Mega Millions is fun and easy to play. The Mega Millions jackpot starts at $40 million, and the sky’s the limit until someone matches the winning Lottery numbers and wins!
- Powerball: The Powerball jackpot starts at $40 million and grows fast until someone matches the winning Powerball numbers and wins
- Treasure Hunt: Treasure Hunt gives you a chance every day to win Lottery prizes with a jackpot starting at $10,000, and it’s fun to watch as the winning Lottery numbers pop out of treasure chests during the animated Treasure Hunt drawing.
- Millionaire Raffle: Weekly Drawings consist of eight (8) separate drawings, each of which will award two (2) prizes of $50,000! Each ticket purchased will be automatically entered into that week’s drawing as well as the final drawing
- Lottery Scratch-Offs: The game starts from $1 and goes up to $50. When any of YOUR NUMBERS match any WINNING NUMBER, win prize shown under the matching number. Reveal a “CASH” (CASH) symbol, win prize shown under that symbol automatically.
- Keno: Keno is a fun, fast-paced game that gives players a chance to win $100,000 or more. Drawings are held every 4 minutes. Keno can be played at any PA Lottery retailer that sells Draw Games and can be watched live, in person, at select retailers.
- Xpress Sports: Foot ball and car racing Drawn every five minutes, these fast-paced games simulate your favorite sports! Make your selections using a playslip, then watch the big screen to see an ultra-realistic depiction of the random drawing.
Just go to nearby lottery retailer in Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, Harrisburg, Clearfield, Pittsburgh, Erie, Lehigh Valley and buy the lotto ticket to play any of your choicest game now. Remember that you need to be 18 years to play lottery in Pennsylvania. Also you need to sign the back of your ticket and clearly print your name, address, and phone number.
How to claim prize in case you win the lottery?
Prizes up to $2,500 may be claimed at a Pennsylvania Lottery retailer. Many prizes can be paid immediately if a retailer is able to pay by cash, check or money order.
Winning a prize of more than $600 will require you to complete a Claim Form, which are available at Lottery retailers or a Lottery Area Office.
Prizes over $2,500 can only be paid by the Lottery. Mail a completed Claim Form along with the signed ticket to the address on the form.
Certain prizes must be claimed in person at Lottery headquarters in Middletown. These include a Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot prize; an annuity top or second-level prize for Cash4Life, or an annuity prize for a Scratch-Off game.
For questions about prize claims, contact Claims Department, toll-free, at 1-800-692-7481.
Most prize checks will arrive in four to six weeks after your claim has been received at Lottery headquarters and validated, but often less time.
Remember to check tickets and claim prizes promptly! In general, prizes expire in one year from certain dates. After 180 days, Fast Play and Draw Game tickets worth more than $100 cannot be claimed at a retailer. They must be submitted to the Lottery with a Claim Form in order to be redeemed.
It’s easy to claim a Pennsylvania Lottery prize by mail. Sign and fill out your winning ticket and make a copy of it, front and back, for your records. If the prize is over $600, fill out a Claim Form to submit with your ticket at Pennsylvania Lottery, ATTN: CLAIMS, 1200 Fulling Mill Road, Suite 1 Middletown, PA 17057
You do not have to live in Pennsylvania to play a game or win a prize, but the Pennsylvania Lottery can only pay prizes on winning tickets that it has sold. This applies to multi-state games such as Powerball, Mega Millions or Cash4Life, because each state manages its own prize pool. A jackpot or annuity prize must be claimed in person at Lottery headquarters in Middletown.
Also remember that Lottery prizes are taxable income under federal and state law. For prizes of $600 or more, you will receive a W-2G form from the Lottery to report your winnings and submit with your tax returns.
On prizes over $5,000, the Lottery will withhold the minimum amount of applicable taxes before sending you your prize check. Your total tax liability depends on income, deductions, exemptions and other factors, so please consult with a qualified tax professional when filing your tax returns.
How to check results of Pennsylvania lottery?
You can check lottery results at your nearest retailer.
Check lottery results with Lottery App. The app is available free to download on your iPhone and Android at app stores. For Android cell phone text APP to 66835 to download the free app. You can Scan Scratch-Offs, Draw Games, Fast Play Games, and Keno to see if the ticket is a winner.
You can also join the VIP Players Club to get special Lottery offers and coupons for PA Lottery games, and customized emails and text messages with Lottery winning numbers results.
Also you can send an email at support@PAiLottery.com to know the result or call 1-800-201-0108 or 1-833-530-PLAY (7529)
Interested to find where to play slots online in Pennsylvannia. Read our Fun and Trivia post.