Every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 EST, the nation holds its breath for the Powerball draw. When the five white balls and one red ball are drawn, some people’s dreams can come true. In order to know whether that person is you, you need to be able to tune in to the correct channel in order to catch the action as it happens.
The Powerball is on here!
Below is a comprehensive list of which channel the Powerball draw is screened on each Wednesday and Saturday, taken from the Powerball website (Powerball.com) and shared with you for your convenience.
I missed the draw! What do I do?
But what if your state or city isn’t on the list? This could mean that you live in one of the states that do not participate in the Powerball lottery, or one where there are currently no companies with the rights to screen the Powerball draw. If a lack of broadcaster or any other reason meant that you missed the draw, do not despair – there are a number of other ways to make sure that you don’t miss out on your winnings because you didn’t know what the numbers were:
1. You could find the numbers on the Internet. The numbers are published rapidly on Powerball.com, amongst other sites. Even though you could not catch the draw live, you can still find out if your numbers were the lucky ones with a few clicks of your mouse.
2. Watch the news. A number of news channels will share the winning numbers with their audiences, either through a dedicated news spot or simply a graphic on the screen. Even if your state does not broadcast the draw itself, flick through the channels and see if the numbers are shared anywhere.
3. You could look up the numbers in the next day’s newspaper. The Powerball numbers are published in many of the leading newspapers across the United States. If you missed the draw for any reason, head to your closest newsstand or corner store, pick up a newspaper, and see if you were the lucky winner.
4. You could listen to the radio. Many late-night radio stations read out the Powerball results just after they have been announced, so it is possible that you could hear what happened. Some stations even share the numbers the next day, allowing you a broader window of time to see if you were lucky.
5. Ask your friends. If you live in one of the states where the Powerball results are not broadcast, a friend who lives in a state where it is broadcast could be invaluable in making sure that you know exactly what the numbers were. The added bonus of this is that your friend could share in your joy if you win, or help commiserates if you aren’t the winner this time.
Some lotteries sell Powerball tickets over the Internet, but the service is only available to residents of that jurisdiction. The sale of Powerball tickets over the Internet or by mail across jurisdictional borders is restricted. Note that Lotteries may refuse to pay out prize money on Powerball tickets purchased on any website other than their own.
Also remember you do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play Powerball. Players from jurisdictions where Powerball tickets are not sold, either in the United States or outside the country, when visiting a selling jurisdiction, can purchase Powerball tickets from a retailer licensed or authorized by the selling jurisdiction if they meet the legal age requirement in the jurisdiction of purchase. Though Federal and jurisdictional income taxes may apply to any claimed prize money.
How to claim prizes?
Prizes must be claimed in the jurisdiction where the winning ticket was purchased. Players can generally claim a prize up to $600 at any licensed lottery retailer in the jurisdiction where they bought the ticket. Prizes over $600 can be claimed at some lottery offices, depending on the amount, and also at lottery headquarters.
Ticket expiration dates typically vary from 90 days to one year depending on the selling jurisdiction. The expiration date is often listed on the back of your ticket. If the expiration date is not listed, check with your lottery.
Hopefully the comprehensive list of the channels broadcasting the Powerball draw each Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 EST will help you to make sure you know exactly what the winning numbers of each draw are. If not, follow the tips listed above, and you will be sure to know how much you have or haven’t won mere moments after the draw itself. Happy playing!