Georgia Five is a 5-digit numbers lottery game from Georgia state. Georgia 5 lottery game is drawn twice daily; it has a top prize of $10,000. This lottery game was launched in August 1, 2010. Georgia Five is different from most pick-3 and pick-4 games as here players do not choose straight, box, or similar wagers. The top prize is won by matching all five numbers in exact order and a player wins by matching at least the first or last digit. You can win up to $10,000 twice a day when you play Georgia 5! Drawings are held at 12:29 pm and 6:59 pm.
At the time of writing a Georgia Lottery retailer in Marietta sold a $10,000 winning ticket Georgia FIVE evening drawing. Winning numbers from Georgia FIVE evening drawing were: 1-2-2-6-5. The top prize ticket was purchased at Express Food Mart, 1854 Terrell Mill Road, Marietta.
How to play Georgia 5 Lottery?
To Play Georgia 5 Lottery you need to be 18 and above years of age.
You need to buy Georgia 5 lottery ticket from your nearest lottery retailer
You can also purchase the lottery ticket online if you are the member of the lottery club at Georgia lotto website or with their app on mobile.
Three play options available are:
- Quik Pik – Select Quik Pik and let the computer choose your numbers.
- Multi-Draw – Select Multi-Draw and you can play the same numbers for up to seven (7) consecutive drawings.
- Next 2 – Select Next 2 to play the next two (2) consecutive drawings.
Now that you have the lottery ticket all you need is to choose five (5) numbers from (0 through 9) or use the Quik Pik option and let the computer select for you.
Next select how many plays you would like to play (up to 5). Each play is $1.00.
Select your draw. You can play Midday, Evening, or the next two (2) consecutive drawings.
Now choose the number of consecutive drawings you would like to play. You can play the same numbers for up to seven (7) drawings.
Sign the back of your ticket upon purchase and secure your ticket.
Note that if you don’t wish to play then Georgia 5 tickets can be canceled at the same retailer location within 15 minutes of purchase.
You win by matching your numbers to the winning number(s) drawn in the exact order and position in a single PLAY.
Match all FIVE of your numbers in Exact order to the winning numbers to win the top prize of $10,000!
If you don’t match all five winning numbers, you can still win! Example: you can match the first two numbers and the last two numbers (in order and position) to win $20.
You can find the results of the lottery or see whether you have won or not by checking your lottery ticket with the Georgia Lottery app, galottery.com or visit a retailer to find out. You have up to 180 days from the drawing date to claim your prize.
How to claim the prize if you have won?
If you have won the lottery you can claim your winnings by various methods.
Prizes $600 or less – can be claimed at any Georgia Lottery retailer, Georgia Lottery office or by mail. For security reasons, many retailers do not keep large amounts of cash available, so they may pay you with cash, a money order, or a combination of cash and money order.
Prizes over $600 – must be claimed at Georgia Lottery Headquarters or any Georgia Lottery district office or mailed to the Georgia Lottery for payment.
Winners of prizes $600 or more must complete the following:
a) Fill out a claim form supplied by any GLC office. Winner Claim Form
b) Present a valid government issued photo Identification along with a social security card or proof of social security number.
Georgia Lottery claim centers at Headquarters, District Offices and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport will be accepting prize claims, by appointment online. Appointments can be made using their online scheduler.
As said above prizes under $601 can be claimed at any Georgia Lottery retail location. ALL PRIZES can be claimed by mail to: Georgia Lottery Corporation, P.O. Box 56966, Atlanta, GA 30343.
- Georgia Lottery claim centers at Headquarters are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Georgia Lottery District Offices are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- GLC kiosks at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for prize claims up to $25,000.
If you play online via your Players Club Account and win a prize greater than $600, you can claim these prizes at their Georgia Lottery District Offices. However, please note these prizes cannot be claimed at our Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Office/Kiosks.
Sign and print your name on the back of your lottery ticket right after purchase to guarantee you are the rightful owner of the prizes won.
- Prizes of $601 – $249,999: claimed at GLC headquarters or district offices are generally paid the same day.
- Prizes up to $25,000: can also be claimed at the GLC Kiosks located at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and are generally paid the same day.
- Prizes of $250,000 to $499,999: winners should plan to arrive at GLC headquarters or district offices by 4 p.m. for same day payment; winners who arrive after 4 p.m. will be paid the following business day.
- Prizes of $500,000 or more – are generally paid within 5-10 business days from the date of claim and are electronically deposited into your bank account.
Claiming Prizes by Mail
The Georgia Lottery Corporation is not responsible for tickets which are lost by the U.S. Postal Service or any other carrier. Normal processing time for prize claims received by mail is 4 – 6 weeks. Please note that big jackpots for Mega Millions or Powerball may increase the processing time.
Prizes of $600 or less – simply fill out the back of the ticket and mail it to the below GLC P.O. Box address.
Prizes over $600 – fill out the back of the ticket, complete a Winner Claim Form and mail it to the below GLC P.O. Box address along with your signed ticket, and copies of your valid government-issued photo ID and social security card.
- For online tickets – Winners have 180 days from the drawing date on the ticket to claim a prize.
- Instant tickets – Winners have 90 days from the Expired Date to claim a prize.
Prizes up to and including $600 won from purchases made on the Georgia Lottery’s website or mobile app will be automatically paid to the winner’s iHOPE account.
Prizes greater than $600 – winners receive an email with instructions on how to claim their prizes.
What are the taxes to pay if you win?
Under the Income Tax Withholdings and State Owed Debts the American lotteries winners need to pay tax as follows:
1) Federal and State Income Tax Withholdings will be deducted from prizes exceeding $5,000. A Winner’s ultimate tax liability may be greater or lesser than the amounts withheld.
2) State Owed Debts in excess of $100 for Child Support Services, Department of Education and Department of Revenue will be deducted from prizes per the Lottery for Education Act. (O.C.G.A. § 50-27-53(2015).